Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A note from Val

"Maybe it is because I am about to become a mother myself in a few months, or maybe it is just God working in my heart, either way, I have been so touched by the women at our new church. Many of them are mothers with small children and some are widows. Life is so hard for them, living in the rural with no electric, no good water source and trying to work the land to provide for their families. My heart has been so touched also by the way they accept me as one of them and are so patient with my attempts to communicate with the in Kinyarwanda.

I am very excited because God is opening the doors for helping to bring hope to these precious women. My sister is coming to visit in June! I am beyond excited to see her again but I am also very excited because God has placed it in her heart to help the women here as well!

We are making plans to help the women start a project we are calling "Hands For Hope." In summary, we will be working to buy a few sewing machines and materials so that the women can begin to learn how to sew and also learn how to make jewelry. This is a great way to give them something practical that they can do to earn some money for themselves and their families. It also gives them dignity because it is not just accepting a handout, but having the chance to work for some extra income."

No comments:

Post a Comment